1. Is there a cost to attend training at Rocky Mountain HIDTA?
- No, all of our classes are
2. How do I know if I am eligible for lodging and per diem
- In order to be eligible for
reimbursement an officer’s home agency must be located in a RMHIDTA county and
their agency must have their own drug unit or participate in a drug task force.
The officer’s home agency must also be outside a 60 mile radius (driving
distance) from the training location. To see if your agency is a RMHIDTA
participant, click here.
3. Can I attend training at RMHIDTA even if my agency isn’t a RMHIDTA
-Yes, our training is open to all
sworn law enforcement officers.
4. How much is per diem?
- If you are eligible for per
diem reimbursement, RMHIDTA pays $50 a day for class days and $25 per travel
day. Students are authorized one travel day before and after class.
5. What happens if I have a conflict with the training schedule (i.e.
court, appointment, etc.)?
- Our policy is that if you miss
more than 10% of class then you will not receive credit for completing the
class. If you know you have a conflict that exceeds this amount of time, we
would recommend that you wait and register for the class at a later date. If a
conflict arises while you are attending training, notify the Training
Department and they will handle these situations on a case-by-case basis.
6. What do I do if I get sick or injured at training with RMHIDTA?
- Notify the Training Department
and your home agency. For injuries, follow your agency policies for contacting workmen’s
7. If I drive my own car will RMHIDTA pay for my gas?
- No, this is why we ask students
to use an agency vehicle when traveling for class. For special circumstances,
fuel reimbursement may be requested but must be approved by the Training
Manager prior to the start of class.
8. Will RMHIDTA cover airfare to attend class?
- No. Federal travel policy does
not allow us to cover airfare for students.
9. What is the dress code for class?
- Preferably business casual
(i.e. button up/collared shirts, polos, slacks, and jeans that are in good
condition). T-shirts and jeans in poor condition are not authorized. You will
be notified if there will be any changes to the dress code for field exercises.
If you are in an undercover capacity or plain clothes assignment, please be
conscious of how your service weapon is displayed or concealed, as many of our
classes are held in public places.
10. I completed my survey but didn’t get my certificate. What do I do?
- First, give us at least 24
hours after you complete the survey to send your certificate by email.
Certificates are not automatically sent after the completion of the survey.
After 24 hours, if you still don’t have the email with your certificate, check
your junk/spam mail folder. Sometimes agency firewalls filter our certificate
emails into the junk mail folder. If it is not there, then send an email to email@example.com explaining the situation
and someone from the Training Department will contact you to resolve the issue.
11. Should I bring my service weapon to class?
- Follow your department policy.
If you elect to bring a weapon to class, please be conscious of how your weapon
is displayed or concealed as many of our classes are held in public places.
12. What time do classes start and end?
- All RMHIDTA classes start at
8:00 am and end at 5:00 pm unless otherwise specified.
13. Do I make my own hotel reservations if I am attending a RMHIDTA
class and require lodging?
- No, RMHIDTA sets up hotel
contracts for each class, thus we must be the ones to make the hotel
reservations. Do not attempt to make your own reservation or changes to a
reservation without contacting the Training Department. If you indicate that
you need lodging on your registration form, a reservation will be made for you
and you will receive an email with the authorized hotel roster approximately 10
days before class to verify your information.
14. What should I bring to class?
- You need to bring something to
write with and any student materials/handouts that were sent to you prior to
class. Each student will be provided with note-taking material. You will be
notified if you need to bring any additional equipment or materials.
15. Do you have Wi-Fi capabilities for your classes?
Yes, we have Wi-Fi available for
our students that attend classes at RMHIDTA. If classes are hosted at other
locations Wi-Fi may not be available, so we recommend bringing an agency-issued
Wi-Fi device if you require internet access.
16. How do I get a course description and bio/CV for the class
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the Training
Department will help get you the information you need.
17. I am on the waiting list for a class. How will I know if a seat
- You will be notified via email
if a seat becomes available and will have 72 hours to accept or decline.
18. I registered/applied for a class and never received a confirmation,
what should I do?
- Contact the Training Department
and we will verify whether we received your registration or application in the
system. Please do not attend a class if you have not received a confirmation
The RMHIDTA Training program is offered through the Office of National Drug Control Policy
QUESTIONS?: Email the Training Department - email@example.com